sbopkg_gui is a graphical user interface for
a package manager for
- Perfectly integrates into the
sbopkg environment and
sbopkg with handy features.
- Browse existing SlackBuilds with normal user privileges.
- Dependency resolution by recursively traversing the
- Aware of packages that were installed from other sources
- The following packages are required by
are part of a full Slackware installation:
- Of course,
sbopkg is required to be installed:
upgradepkg --install-new sbopkg-*.tgz
sudo has to be configured properly:
Download and install the package
Here is a link to the latest version:
The package can be installed using the following command:
upgradepkg --install-new sbopkg_gui-*.tgz
- Ready for the upcoming Slackware 15.0.
- PyQt5 is used by default. If PyQt5 is not installed, PyQt(4) will be used.
- The column "required by" in the upgrade dialog shows
installed packages that depend on the package
that can be chosen to upgrade.
- Added a dialog for upgrades to choose upgraded packages
- Show last changes from
if no package is selected.
- To show the contents of
the default message box
has been replaced by a convenient dialog.
subprocess.call to show
an error if the given call throws an exception.
- Improved the options dialog, which is used to set build options
for each SlackBuild.
- Improved comparison of the installed version of a package with
the latest available version.
- Added error messages to show incorrect settings.
- QSettings is used to store user defined configuration in
- This configuration can be customized by clicking the corresponding
button in the tool bar.
- Size and position of the main window are saved.
- Minor changes in config file loading.
- The search is now case-insensitive.
- Added a missing blank character when packages to upgrade
introduce new dependencies.
- The application could not start if
/var/log/packages contains files
that should not be there.
External links for further information